Top 5 Fun Fungo Challenges and Improve Your Target AccuracyFeb 20, 2023
Here are the five drills that we did during the Fungo challenge:
- Tire Challenge: We placed a tire on top of a baseball bucket and tried to hit a one-hopper and a line drive through the tire. Winner is the first person to successfully hit both shots.
- Tic-Tac-Toe: Just like the classic game, we played Tic-Tac-Toe using a Fungo bat. The first person to get three in a row wins.
- Pop Fly Accuracy: We set up a bucket about 60 feet away and tried to hit balls and drop them right inside the bucket. The first person to drop it in the bucket wins.
- Bounce Back Net: Using a glove and one hand, we bounced the ball off the screen and tried to catch it on a line. The first person to complete it twice wins.
- Bonus Video: For coaches who struggle with throwing BP, we used a mini Fungo to throw pitches and hit the L-screen.
- Using a Fungo bat during these drills added a fun and challenging twist to our practice. We used little bats, but you can use any type of bat that you feel comfortable with, including a Fungo, tennis racket, or any other tool that gives you the most control.
- I highly recommend trying out these drills with your team to improve their target accuracy and have some fun. Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more coaching tips, videos, drills, and skills.
- Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy trying out these Fungo drills.
7-Day Free Trial
Get MORE with the All Access Membership
Join our Membership today and enjoy OUR ENTIRE COURSE LIBRARY for FREE for 7 Days!
- Signature Coaching Course - MAJORS
- 11 Position Specific and Developmental Courses
- 7 Categories of Developmental Drill Bundles
- Private Members-Only Facebook Group